Thursday, 25 March 2010
SOLVED PAPER OF POLICE CONSTABLE IN POLICE DEPARTMENT(INDIA RESERVE BATTALION-REGULAR WING)
SOLVED PAPER OF POLICE CONSTABLE IN POLICE DEPARTMENT(INDIA RESERVE BATTALION-REGULAR WING) EXAM HELD ON 22-08-09.
You can also download this solved paper by clicking the download link at the bottom of this post which is displayed using Scribd
1. Name of the Mohanlal movie which is based on the Independence struggle:
2. Leading producer of the Motor bikes in the world
3. Knot is used for measuring
Ans: Speed of ship
4. In which category of winds does cyclone fall?
Ans: Variable winds
5. Which among the following is not the work of Kalidasa?
6. The French East India Company was formed in:
7. Name the other country, other than India celebrates Independence Day on 15th August?
Ans: South Korea
8. The French Supremacy in India came to an end by the battle of:
9. Who addressed the first Parliament meeting after the election?
10. The University Grants Commission was set up in
11. M.F.Hussain is a famous:
12. The words ‘Satyameva Jayate’ have been taken from
13. What is the multiplicative inverse of 3 1/3?
14. If a15/am=a3 then the value of m
15. The only number that is the perimeter and area of the same square:
16. The missing number in the series:
5, 10, 16, ---------, 31 is
17. Which is the smallest fraction?
a)12/13 b)4/7 c)13/14 d)11/12
18. Toxicology is the study of
19. The mother as well as her two children ---------------- taken to the hospital
20. He congratulated me . . . my success in B.A. Degree Examination.
21. Which word is spelt wrongly?
(a)Bourgeois (b)Assasination (c)Mandate (d)Commissioner
22. Let us go for a walk, . . . ?
Ans: Shall we
23. I have acquaintance . . . Carnatic Music.
24. It is not easy to . . .the Civil Service Examination.
Ans: get through
25. One who compiles dictionary:
26. Dronacharya Award is given to :
Ans: The best sports coach
27. The great Wall of China was built by :
28. The national flag of India was designed by:
29. The venue of Sangam Assembly:
30. Name the book jointly written by M.T.Vasudevan Nair and N.P. Muhammed.
31. Pointing to a man, a woman said “His mother is the only daughter of my brother.” How is the woman related to that man?
32. “The Young Bengal Movement” was started by :
Henry Vevian Derozio.
33. India’s biggest Nuclear Power Station:
34. “Lady Chatterly’s Lover” is novel written by:
35. Who is the author of the “One Hundred Years of Solitude”?
36. Millennium is a period of?
37. “The Wall Street Catastrophe” took place in :
38. The Russian ruler who was awarded Nobel Prize for Peace:
39. Davis Cup is associated with which game:
40. Which country will always be in the frontline of Olympic March past?
41. The Head Quarters of the International Cricket Council is in:
42. Which food crop has the maximum content of Proteins:
43. King of fruit is :
44. “Those who do not work may not eat.” Who said this?
45. Carbohydrate consists of :
Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen
46. “HMS Beegil” is a word associated with Charles Darwin. What is it?
47. The use of Galvanometer:
To measure the electric current.
48. Persons sitting in an artificial satellite of the earth have:
49. The instrument used to convert AC current to DC current?
50. Who was the first Indian to win an Oscar?
51. I have... . more letters for you to write:
52. John . . .to Bombay tomorrow.
53. I . . . a book when he came in.
54. She was struck ------lightning
55. We ------- live in a small house when we were children
56. I ------- him when he was in college
57. The captain announced that he ----- from the game.
58. It is pleasant ------ read book in the afternoon.
59. The cat is hiding --------- the table
60. The synonym of curious is:
61. The antonym of ascend is:
62. Our cot was bitten . . . a dog.
63. You can swim well. . .?
64. He came yesterday . . .?
65. Do you want to speak to me . . . anything?
66. I bought this purse. . . 50 rupees.
67. Which of the following words is spelt correctly?
(a) Elvation (b) elevation (c)elavation (e)elevetion
68. Which of the following words is spelt correctly?
(a)Compulsion (b)compullsion (c)compuzion (d)comepulsion
69. Fatigue means :
70. Consensus means:
(a) Optimistic (b) disagreement (c) continuity (d) agreement
71. When a particular number is subtracted from each of 24, 31, 58, 79 the values will be in proportion. The number to be subtracted is :
72. In an election 10% of students did not vote and 60 votes recorded were declared invalid. The majority of elected candidates was 308 and it was found that he had been supported by 47% of the whole number of class. The number of valid voted recorded for each candidate:
73. By selling oranges at 32 for Rs.10, a man loses 40%. How many oranges should be sell for Rs.10 if he should gain 20%?
74. An employee gets same salary every month. His average income per day will be :
Maximum for the period February, March, April.
75. Which among the following is best approximation for ‘What decimal of an hour is a second’?
(a)0.00029 (b)0.00028 (c)0.00027 (d)0.00026
76. When asked how many gold coins he had, the collector said:
If I arrange them in stake of five, none are left over.
If I arrange them in stake of six, none are left over.
If I arrange them in stake of seven, one is left over.
What is least number of coins?
77. Five equal squares are placed side by side to make a single rectangle. The perimeter of rectangle so formed is 276 cm. what is the area of a square used?
78. A man is facing east. He turns 110o in the clockwise direction and then 50o in anticlockwise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
79. There are five houses P,Q,R,S, T. P is right of Q and T is left of R and right of P. Q is right of S. Which house is in the middle?
80. Wheel X rotates at a uniform speed of 8 revolutions per minute and wheel Y rotates at a uniform speed of 40 revolutions per second. How long after they start rotating simultaneously, will wheel Y have exactly made one revolution more than wheel X?
81. ‘Hotel’ to menu is as ‘Library’ to :
82. If APEX coded as ZKVC then code for GIRL is:
83. Sum of two numbers is 1/3rd of 1/5th of 195 and product is 1/6th of 1/4th of 960. Find the difference between numbers.
84. If 3+4=21, 5+2=35, 4+2=24. What is the value of 5+3?
85. The value of
86. An isosceles triangle has equal sides measuring 7 cm each and length of third side is an integer. The number of such triangles is :
87. Find the missing number:
3,5,9,17,33,. . .
88. The weight of a dog is 24 kg and 1/3 of its weight has been increased in 3 months. Now the weight is :
(a)33 Kg (b)36 Kg (c)42 Kg (d)None of the above
Ans: None of the above.
89. The angle between the hands of a clock at 1.15 is (in degree measure):
90. The digit in the unit place in the product of first 500 primes is :
91. Which of the following is different from others:
(a)BCFG (b)DEHI (c)IJMN (d)MOPQ
92. Arithmetic mean of first ‘n’ natural numbers is :
93. A student is ranked 9th from top and 38th from the bottom in a class. Total number of students in the class is :
94. If a/b=7 then (a+b)/(a-b) is :
95. Find the Odd one:
(a)Abacus (b)Napier’s bones (c)Protractor (d)Slide rule
97. A student was asked to find 1/5 th of a number. By mistake he found 5/4 th of the number and got an answer which was 180 more than correct answer. Number is :
98. 13 1/3 - 12 3/4 -11 5/6+ 10 11/12 is :
99. HCF of two numbers is 24 and their LCM is 1344. If difference between numbers is 24 then their sum is :
100. Average weight of 8 men increased by 1.5 kg when a man weighting 65 kg was replaced by a new man. The weight of new man is :