1. Which bollywood film is set to become the first Indian film to hit the Egyptian theaters after a gap of 15 years?
"My Name is Khan".
2. Who becomes the 3rd South African after Andrew Hudson and Jacques Rudoph to score a century on Test debut?
3. Which Northeastern state of India now has four 'Chief Ministers’, apparently to douse a simmering discontent within the main party in the coalition?
Veteran Congress leader D D Lapang had assumed office as chief minister on May 13, 2009. He is the chief minister with statutory authority vested in him.
Meghalaya Pradesh Congress Committee president, Lyngdoh now enjoys the rank of Chief Minister. The others are the two leaders of the United Democratic Party- State Planning Board chairman Donkupar Roy and Meghalaya Economic Development Council chairman J D Rymbai.These three persons will enjoy the pay, perks and other facilities as that of a chief minister, but they do not have any constitutional power.
4. Who is appointed as the Secretary of Petroleum and Natural Gas?
5. Which city of India will host the 12th edition of South Asian Games (SAF Games) in 2012?
6. Which Indian film won as many as six awards including the best director award in the 'Narrative Feature' section of the Los Angeles Reel Film Festival (LARFF)?
Director V K Prakash and script writer M Sindhuraj have won the best director and writer awards respectively in the `Narrative Feature’ section of the Los Angeles Reel Film Festival (LARFF) 2009 for the bollywood film `Phir Kabhie’. The film also won awards for the best narrative feature film, best narrative feature film director( V K Prakash), best narrative screenplay (M.Sindhuraj), best original score (Rajat Dholakia and Shantanu Moitra), best production design (Nitin Desai) and the best costume design (Bhanu Athaiyah & Simple Kapadia).
7. Indian Music composer, who won two Grammy awards for his music for the Oscar Award winning film “Slumdog Millionaire” at 52nd annual Grammy Awards on Sunday 31st January, 2010?
A.R.Rahman. A R Rahman received awards in the category for best film song and best soundtrack, both for the Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire. He shares the Grammy with lyricist Gulzar who penned “Jai ho”. With this latest honour the Mozart of Madras joins other Indian music greats like Pandit Ravi Shankar, Zakir Hussain, Vikku Vinayak and Vishwa Mohan Bhatt who have won a Grammy in the past.
A. R. Rahman also won Two Academy Awards, four National Film Awards, thirteen Filmfare Awards, a BAFTA Award, and Golden Globe.
8. List of the winners for the major categories of the 52nd Grammy Award 2010:
Click the below link to know the winners of Grammy Awards.
9. Which bank became the first Indian bank to break into the world’s Top 50 list, according to the Brand Finance Global Banking 500, an annual international ranking by UK-based Brand Finance Plc, this year?
The State Bank of India (SBI).
HSBC retain its top slot for the third year and there are 20 Indian banks in the Brand Finance® Global Banking 500.
10. Which country won the African Cup of Nations soccer tournament for the third consecutive time with a 1-0 victory over Ghana in the final in Luanda, Angola?
Egypt. Egypt won African nations cup for the seventh time.
11. Who won 72nd Corus Chess Tournament held in Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands?
This 19 year old Norwegian chess player is coached by former world champion Gary Kasparov. He is currently ranked number one in the world. On 26 April 2004 Carlsen became a Grandmaster at the age of 13 years, 148 days, making him the third youngest Grandmaster in history. At the age of 19 years, 32 days he became the youngest chess player in history to be ranked world number one, breaking the record previously held by Vladimir Kramnik.
12. Which country recently admitted that white phosphorous was used in attacks on Gaza?
White phosphorus (WP) as an incendiary weapon burns fiercely and can set cloth, fuel, ammunition and other combustibles on fire. Since World War II, it has been extensively used as an anti-personnel weapon capable of causing serious burns or death.
13. Name of the Pop star who was the big winner at the prestigious Grammy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles, winning six prizes?
Beyonce Knowles.She has set a new record for the most awards won in a single year by a solo female, and takes her career tally to 16. Beyonce husband Jay z also won 3 awards.
14. Who has become youngest ever celebrity to win Grammy awards?
Taylor Swift won best album of the award for "Fearless" and she is just 20 years old.
15. Who became the first Indian to win solo Grammy awards?
He won Grammy awards for Jai Ho song in Slumdog Millionaire movie.
16. Who is the new Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh?
Justice Kurian Joseph
17. Chief selector of Pakistan Cricket Team who has resigned from his post taking moral responsibility of Pakistan’s “shameful” performance against Australia?
Pakistan lost all three Tests and the five one-day matches against Australia.
18. Popular actor, director, and screenwriter who has acted in more than 300 films in Malayalam, died on 2 February 2010 due to liver problem?
He, aged 58, also acted in Tamil and Hindi Films. He is the director of super hit Malayalam film “Vatsalyam”
19. The Hyderabad Cricket Association has decided not to allow spectators inside the Rajiv International Cricket Stadium due to the ongoing protests over Telangana issue for the final of a domestic first-class cricket competition between South Zone and West Zone. Which is that tournament?
The Duleep Trophy
20. The Central Government has formed a five-member expert committee on Telangana issue on Feb 3, 2010. The committee is headed by?
B N Srikrishna, former Supreme Court Judge.
Other members are:
Prof (Dr) Ranbir Singh, Vice Chancellor, National Law University, Delhi
Dr Abusaleh Shariff, Senior Research Fellow, International Food Policy Research Institute, Delhi
Dr (Ms) Ravinder Kaur, Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT, Delhi
Vinod K Duggal, former Home Secretary.
21. Who is the new President of the Indian Youth Congress?
Rajiv Satav, Maharashtra Youth Congress President.
22. Who won the man of the match award in the 20-20 Cricket match between New Zealand and Bangladesh held on 3rd February 2010 at Hamilton?
Daniel Vettori (New Zealand).
New Zealand won by 10 wickets
23. Indian who has received two Australia Day Achievement Medals for his contribution to the society there?
He is the secretary of the Federation of Indian communities, Queensland (FICQ) and a native of Kerala. He has been settled in Brisbane for more than 10 years and won the Lord Mayor's 2010 Australia Day Achievement Award recently.
24. In a country in East Asia., a nine-year-old school girl gave birth by Caesarean section to a healthy baby boy. Which is that country?
25. Name of the 10-foot-long research rocket carrying a mouse, two turtles and worms into space
launched by Iran on 02-02-2010?
Kavoshgar-3, which means Explorer-3 in Farsi.
26. Which country has refused to grant citizenship to a man who forced his wife to wear the full Islamic veil or niqab?
27. Name of the Pakistani neuroscientist trained at an elite American university has been found guilty of two charges of attempted murder after she tried to kill US agents in Afghanistan in 2008?
28. Which sculptor’s bronze sculpture has been sold for record 65million pounds at an auction in London?
29. Which Indian publishing house has used the multimedia print reader (MPR) technology to launch two new products called ‘The Talking Book’ and ‘The Talking Pen’?
Aadarsh Private Limited
According to the company, when the MPR enabled pen is positioned over a book with MPR codes, it activates the pre-loaded audio files and readers are also able to hear the text they are reading.
30. The book written by Taslima Nasrin which is a compilation of power-packed articles on feminism and suppression of women across the world?
"No Country for Women".
31. One of the seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) which has discovered a new oilfield off its coast, and expects to pump the first crude from it by early next year. Which is that emirate?
The oil field is the first hydrocarbon discovery in the emirate’s territory in 30 years.
32. The Central Government of India has extended the ban on an Islamic Student organization for two years recently. Name of that Organization?
Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI)
33. An American Christian activist, who entered North Korea illegally on Christmas day to draw attention to human rights abuses in the country, has been released by Korean government after showing "sincere repentance" for the transgression. Name of that missionary?
34. Which country has agreed to accept ground-based interceptors from the United States as part of its missile defense system in Eastern Europe?
35. Which state became the first State in India to announce a ban on Bt Brinjal even before the Centre takes a final decision on the introduction of the controversial genetically modified crop?
36. Man of the match Winners of ODI Cricket series between New Zealand and Bangladesh held in New Zealand.
First ODI on 5 February 2010:
Jacob Oram (New Zealand) for his 83 runs and 2 wickets.
New Zealand won by 146 runs
Second ODI on 8 February 2010:
Ross Taylor (New Zealand) for his 78 runs.
New Zealand won by 5 wickets
Third ODI on 11 February 2010 –
MJ Guptill (New Zealand) for his 91 runs. New Zealand won the match by 3 wickets
New Zealand won the 3-match series 3-0
37. Who has taken over as Director-General of Income Tax (Investigation), Kochi (Kerala)?
38. Indian American author who is currently a member of Arts and Humanities Committee of US government appointed by President Barack Obama.?
39. Who has been appointed as England captain after Fabio Capello sacked John Terry of the role following allegations over his private life
40. South African player who scored his 34th Test hundred in the recent test match against India?
Kallis, moves level with Sunil Gavaskar and Brian Lara on 34 Test hundreds – only Ricky Ponting (39) and Sachin Tendulkar (45) have more.
41. Who smashed an unbeaten belligerent 210 as West Zone created a world record by successfully chasing down 536 against South Zone to win the Duleep Trophy?
It was the biggest run chase in the history of first class cricket.
42. Name of the four-year medical course proposed by the Indian Health Ministry and Medical Council of India (MCI) which is aimed at meeting the public health challenges in rural areas?
Bachelor of Rural Health Care (BHRC). Earlier it is named as Bachelor of Rural Medicine and Surgery (BRMS).
The BRMS training will be given in three phases - the first two phases will have the duration of one year each and the final one will have 18 months. The internship will have six month duration.
43. Who have been chosen for the G.D. Birla International Award in art and culture category?
V.P. Dhananjayan and his wife Shantha Dhananjayan .
They will receive the award along with two social workers, Zokhumi Vankung of Mizoram for service to humanity and Percy Barnevik, a Swiss National, for his work in the rural areas of Tamil Nadu.
44. Chairman of news and current affairs channel -Channel Nepal - and largest cable operator Space Time Network, who was shot dead by unknown assailants in the capital Katmandu?
He was a Nepalese media entrepreneur had two newspapers (now closed) and a television channel "Channel Nepal", which is the first satellite channel in Nepal.
45. Which country now joins Chile as the second country in Latin America to have a cabinet with gender parity?
Bolivia’s cabinet comprised of 10 men and 10 women.
46. Who is elected as Costa Rica's first female president?
47. Name of the long-range missile successfully test-fired and launched by India on 07-02-2010 from Wheeler Island in the Bay of Bengal off the coast of Orissa.?
The missile, which has a range capability of 3500-kilometers was flight tested by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). This was the fourth flight test in the Agni-3 series. The missile is 17 meters long and two metres in diameter. It was powered by a two-stage solid propellant system with a pay load capability of 1.5 tons.
48. Who became the third South African batsman to score a century in tests cricket on debut?
49. Who becomes the first South African batsman to score 250 plus runs against India in a test innings?
Amla’s 253 not out in the first innings of the first test at Nagpur represents the highest individual innings by a South African batsman in a test innings against India.
50. Who has been named the captain of the Indian hockey team for its campaign in the World Cup Hockey event starting on Feb 28?
51. Who won the Asian Tour International golf title held in Bangkok?
Asian Tour International is a golf tournament on the Asian Tour, played in Thailand. It has been held annually since 2008.
52. Which country defeated India to win hockey gold medal in the South Asian Games?
53. Man of the match Winners of ODI Cricket series between West Indies and Australia held in Australia:
First ODI on 7 February 2010 Played at Melbourne Cricket Ground:
Shane Watson (Australia)for his 59 runs and 1 wicket
Australia won the match by 113 runs
Second ODI on 9 February 2010 Played at Adelaide Oval:
DE Bollinger (Australia)) for his 4 wickets.
Australia won the match by 8 wickets
Third ODI on 12 February 2010 Played at Sydney Cricket Ground
Match abandoned due to rain.
Fourth ODI on 14 February 2010 held in Brisbane:
Man of the match: Ricky Ponting (Australia) for his 106 runs.
Result: Australia beat West Indies by 50-runs.
Fifth ODI on 19 February 2010 Played at Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Man of the match: James Hopes (Australia) for his 57 runs from26 balls & 1 wicket
Australia won the match by 125 runs
Australia won the 5 match series 4-0.
54. Who won the Player of the Series Award in the ODI Cricket series between West Indies and Australia held in Australia?
55. Which country announced on February 9,2010 that it had started enriching uranium to the level of less than 20 percent to meet the country's fuel requirements for the reactor producing medical radioisotopes, after the potential suppliers failed to provide the fuel under a UN deal?
56. Seventeen army men were killed in an avalanche that buried their training camp of an Indian State on February 8. That massive avalanche hits which Indian state?
Jammu & Kashmir
An avalanche is a rapid flow of snow down a slope, from either natural triggers or human activity. Typically occurring in mountainous terrain, an avalanche can mix air and water with the descending snow.
57. Which High Court recently struck down a state law providing 4% reservation in government jobs and educational institutions and jobs to 15 groups belonging to the Muslim community.?
58. Which pairs clinched their first ATP World Tour doubles Tennis title after a hard-fought 2-6, 6-3, 10-5 victory over Karol Beck and Harold Levy in the final of $4,42,500 South African Open in Johannesburg?
Rohan Bopanna and Aisam Qureshi
59. Which country recently tightened its immigration rules to favour higher-skilled workers over “hairdressers” and “cooks”, a revision that will lead to the rejection of an estimated 20,000 migration applications from foreign students, including Indians?
60. Who was sworn in as Ukraine's new President?
61. Which country cut ties with the British Museum on Sunday in protest at repeated delays in the loan to Tehran of an ancient Persian treasure, the Cyrus Cylinder?
The Cyrus cylinder, also known as the Cyrus the Great cylinder, is a document issued by the Persian ruler Cyrus the Great in the form of a clay cylinder inscribed in Akkadian cuneiform The cylinder was created following the Persian conquest of Babylon in 539 BC, when Cyrus overthrew the Babylonian king Nabonidus and replaced him as ruler, ending the Neo-Babylonian Empire. The text of the cylinder describes Nabonidus as impious and portrays the victorious Cyrus as pleasing to the chief Babylonian god Marduk. It goes on to describe how Cyrus had improved the lives of the citizens of Babylonia, repatriated displaced peoples and restored temples and cult sanctuaries.
62. Which country emerged triumphant at the 11th South Asian Games Women’s football tournament, beating Nepal 3-1 to win the gold medal at the event?
63. Name of the First 100% spy satellite of India which will be operational by 2014 to keep an eye on neighbouring regions?
Communication-Centric Intelligence Satellite (CCI-Sat) .
India in October 2001 has already entered the League of Nations having spy satellites - USA, Russia, Japan and Russia - with the launch of the Technology Experiment Satellite (TES). Besides TES, ISRO's Cartosat series of satellites and the Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT)-2 can also be used for surveillance and espionage.
64. Kerala’s first digital apartments which offer a slew of facilities opened recently at?
Asset Homes, the new generation builder says its ‘digital’ apartment project at Kakkanad is the first such in the country. The two towers, ‘Silicon Heights’ and ‘Cyber Heights,’ have 90 apartments in a lakh and a half square feet of area. Some of the features of these apartments are automatic gates, boom barriers which open only for the owners, touch-button lobby doors, a security set-up with more than 40 cameras, wi-fi and voice-over Internet protocol phone.
65. ‘The Hunted- In search of Home and Hope’ was adjudged the best debut film of a Director in the recently concluded Mumbai International Film Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films held at the Tata Theatre, N.C.P.A, Mumbai. Who is the director of the film?
Other Awards of Mumbai International Film Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films :
Russian director Alexander Gutman’s ’17 August’ won the Golden Conch for the Best Documentary, while ‘The Spell’ directed by Umesh Kulkarni was adjudged the best fiction film.
Ritu Sarin and Sonam Tenzing’s documentary ‘The Sun behind the Clouds’ won the Silver Conch in the ‘Documentary above 30 minutes category. “Vagabond – A nomad in spirit and in reality” and ‘I Found a Thread’ jointly shared the Silver Conch award in the ‘Documentary under 30 minutes category.
In the fiction category, Vinoo Choliparambil’s ‘Vitthal’ won the Silver Conch. ‘Burma VJ- Reporting from a Closed Country ‘won the ‘Best Film of the Festival Award for the Producer’ .
Deepa Bhatia’s ‘Nero’s Guests’ received the Critics Award and Bejinxed’ won the Best Student Film award, instituted by the Indian Documentary Producers’ Association.
The V. Shantaram Award for Lifetime Achievement went to M.V. Krishnaswamy. Sanjay Jangir’s ‘Wait and Path’ won the Golden Conch in the Best Animation Film Category.
66. Who won the Man of the Match Award in the first test between South Africa and India played in Nagpur (February 6 to 9)?
Hashim Amla (South Africa). He scored 253 runs in the first innings.
South Africa won by an innings and 6 runs
67. Who won the Man of the Match Award in the second test between South Africa and India Played at Eden Gardens, Kolkata (February 14 to 18)?
Hashim Amla (South Africa).
He scored 114 runs in first innings and remains unbeaten on 123 in the second innings. He is the fifth south African player to score a century in both the innings of a test match.
68. Who won the Player of the series award in the recently concluded 2 test series between India and South Africa?
Hashim Amla (South Africa).
69. Which country won the men’s football gold medal in the South Asian Games held in Dhaka?
Bangladesh. They thrashed Afghanistan 4-0 to clinch their second men’s title.
70. Which country finished at top in the 11th South Asian Games held in Bangladesh with a total of 175 medals?
India proved its supremacy clinching 90 gold, 55 silver and 30 bronze medals. Pakistan followed in the second place with 19 gold, 25 silver and 36 bronze medals while hosts Bangladesh finished at the third with 18 gold, 23 silver and 56 bronze medals.
71. Eminent economist, who was part of the team that chalked out the first five-year plan of India, died at the age of 85?
72. Malayalam cinema’s popular lyricist who has won the prestigious Kerala State Award for the best lyricist seven times and had written lyrics for about 400 films died recently at the age of 49?
73. A series of avalanches that struck (on February 8, 2010) a mountain pass in a country in South-Central Asia killing at least 167 people. Which is that country?
74. Name of the Iraqi freelance photographer who worked for Reuters has been released by the US military after 17 months in detention in Iraq?
75. Which country declared a new food-safety campaign on 10-02-2010 after contaminated milk products from an earlier scandal showed up repackaged in several places around the country, exposing weaknesses in the country's promise to stop such problems from happening again?
76. Which car company has decided to recall 437,763 vehicles globally over a problem with the driver's airbag inflator?
Honda Motor Co
77. Who is appointed as the second chief of the National Investigation Agency (NIA), succeeding R V Raju who retired on January 31?
Sharad Chandra Sinha
78. Which country celebrated 31st anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution on February 11?
79. Thirty-two elderly people died in a country in South America because of a heat wave that has pushed temperatures to unseasonably high levels. Which is that country?
Brazil is the largest country in South America and the only Portuguese-speaking country in the Americas.
80. Name of Indian-origin woman who faced life sentence after being found guilty of poisoning her former lover to death, using an ancient Indian herb in the first such case in Britain in 128 years?
Lakhvir Kaur Singh.
81. Lawyer, who was defending one of the key accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks trial, was shot dead recently in his office?
Shahid Azmi was representing Fahim Ansari, an Indian national accused of helping facilitate the attack on India's financial capital in November 2008.
82. Which Indian city will host the next South Asian Games (SAF Games) in 2012?
83. Defender of Brazil who played for Brazil when they won the World Cup for the first time in Sweden in 1958 has died from a heart attack at the age of 74?
Pecanha was capped 34 times for Brazil and was regarded as one of Brazil's best ever defenders.
84. Which country has recently announced a permanent suspension of Google's e-mail service claiming that it will be replaced by a new national service?
85. Former dictator of Uruguay who was sentenced to 30 years in prison for violating the constitution when he led a 1973 coup that began 12 years of dictatorship in Uruguay?
Juan Maria Bordaberry
86. INDIA has recently signed a civilian nuclear agreement with a country in New Delhi, similar to one it had signed earlier with seven other countries such as the US, France and Russia. Which is that country?
87. In a major terror strike after the November 26, 2008 carnage in Mumbai, nine persons including four foreigners, all women, were killed and over 40 injured in a bomb blast near the Osho Ashram in a city of Maharashtra on 13-02-2010. Which is that city?
88. Deputy leader of Burma's National League for Democracy Party who has been freed from seven years in detention by the Burma Government?
He is a retired general, former commander in chief of the armed forces of Union of Myanmar, highly decorated soldier, pro-democracy activist and deputy leader of the National League for Democracy (NLD) in Myanmar.
89. Which country has dissolved the government and electoral commission, after a row over voter registration that threatened to derail his nation's fragile peace process?
President Laurent Gbagbo dissolved the government.
90. Name the Indian-American professor hailing from Andhra Pradesh who was among three people killed when a woman lecturer allegedly opened fire during a faculty meeting at a university in Alabama after learning that she had been denied tenure?
Gopi K. Podila, chairman of the department of biological sciences at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. The other two killed, Maria Davis and Adriel Johnson, were associate professors of biology.
They were killed by another biology professor, a 42 year-old woman, Amy Bishop, also a professor and one of the star researchers of the university. She had opened fire at a biology faculty meeting held to decide her tenure.
91. Cricketer who has been banned from IPL3 after he was found guilty of trying to negotiate with another franchise after his current contract with Rajasthan Royals was not renewed?
He Played for Rajasthan Royals in the previous seasons of IPL.
92. Which countries have qualified for the ICC World Twenty20 Cricket which is to be held in West Indies this year?
Afghanistan and Ireland
93. A Georgian luger, who died in a horrific crash while in training just hours prior to the start of Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics in Canada?
He was thrown off the sled as it bounced over the rim of the fast track at the Whistler Sliding Centre at around 90mph and came to a halt after slamming into a pillar.
94. Somalia's sports minister who has died in hospital in Saudi Arabia weeks after he was critically wounded in a suicide bombing at a medical graduation ceremony in Mogadishu?
Saleban Olad Roble
95. Who was elected chairman of the board of governors of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)?
Mohamed Shahrul Ikran Yaakob
96. Flagstones from a 1,500-year-old street were discovered during an excavation in the Old City of Israel. Where is that city located?
Archaeologists have found a 1,500-year-old Jerusalem road that was once a bustling through fare used by throngs of Christian pilgrims and which is depicted on a famed mosaic map of the Holy Land.
97. Twenty jawans were killed and several others injured when Maoists attacked a security camp in West Bengal on 15-02-2010. Where is that camp located?
Silda in Paschim Medinipur district.
98. A controversial bronze statue of an American President as a 10-year-old boy has been removed recently by Indonesian authorities from a park in the capital Jakarta due to a public backlash when it was erected. Who is that president?
The statue moved to a nearby elementary school that Obama once attended.
99. Indian businessman who bought the formerly British-owned East India Company recently?
100. Bangladesh's Zia International Airport is to be renamed after 13th century Sufi saint after deleting the name of former president Ziaur Rahman. What is the name of that Sufi Saint?
Hazarat Shah Jalal.
101. Who became the 35th batsmen in the history of Test Matches to accumulate 7000 career runs in Test Matches?
102. The Afghan Taliban leader, who was captured by U.S. and Pakistani forces in Pakistan on February 8, 2010, in the southern port city of Karachi?
Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar
He is a co-founder of the Taliban movement in Afghanistan.
103. Name of India’s first unmanned submarine which was successfully tested at Idukki reservoir in Kerala on 16-02-2010?
Autonomous Underwater Vehicle- 150.
It was brought from Durgapur in West Bengal. The mini submarine was developed with the help of Defence Research and Development Organisation by Central Mechanical Research Institute scientists.
104. Which country has recently stopped issuing visas to citizens of 25 European nations?
Britain was exempted from the ban.
105. Who is appointed as the special envoy to the Organization of the Islamic Conference by US President Obama?
Obama has appointed a deputy White House counsel Rashad Hussain to be his representative to the Muslim world. Organization of the Islamic Conference is an intergovernmental group with 57 member countries from the Middle East, Africa, Central Asia, Caucasus, Balkans, Southeast Asia and South Asia .
106. According to a recent Commonwealth report, presidential polls in an Asian country did not 'fully meet' key benchmarks for democratic elections. Which is that country?
107. Which district in Kerala is all set to be declared the first fully electrified district in India?
108. The Operation launched by Afghan and NATO forces in southern Afghanistan's Helmand province on February 13, 2010, aiming at eradicating Taliban militants in Marjah district of this region?
Operation Moshtarak (“Operation Together”)
109. The celebrated Egyptian pharaoh, who ruled from around 1351-1334 BC, died of malaria and had a club foot, according to a new study that used the latest genetic testing to try and find out more about his life, and death?
He is often referred to as King Tut , died just nine years into his reign, which lasted from 1333-1324 BC.
110. Bollywood superstar who has resigned from the 10-member committee set up by HRD Minister Kapil Sibal to review the proposed amendments in Copyright Act following differences with some members?
Aamir Khan. Later he withdrew his resignation.
111. Who is appointed as the Chairman of the high level Empowered Committee to go into all aspects (except legal and constitutional issues) of the Maullaiperiyar dam dispute between the States of Tamil Nadu and Kerala?
A. S. Anand.
He is the former Chief Justice of India.
112. The government of Kerala recently decided to constitute a Pay Commission to recommend revision of scales for government employees and teachers in the state. The pay commission is headed by?
Justice Rajendra Babu.
113. Former foreign secretary who announced his decision to quit as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s special envoy on climate change on 19-02-2010?
114. The second tiger reserve in Kerala after the Periyar Tiger Reserve which will be integrated ecologically with the 960 sq km Anamalai Tiger Reserve in Tamil Nadu situated at?
The proposed 460.30 sq km Parambikulam tiger reserve inaugurated on February 17, 2010.
115. Name of the military junta that seized power in a military coup in the African country Niger?
Supreme Council for the Restoration of Democracy (SCRD).
They captured President Mamadou Tandja and his ministers in a four-hour gun battle
Salou Djibo is the leader of CSRD.
Junta means the ruling council of a military dictatorship.
116. Name of the first domestically made destroyer which was launched by Iran's navy in undisclosed waters of the Persian Gulf in south Iran on February 19, 2010?
(A handout photo shows Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei (2nd R) visiting the country's first domestically-made destroyer Jamaran, which was launched in undisclosed waters of the Persian Gulf in south Iran February 19, 2010. (Xinhua/Reuters)
117. Who won the player of the match award in the test cricket between Bangladesh and New Zealand Played at Seddon Park, Hamilton from 15-02-10?
Martin Guptil(New Zealand)(For his 189 in first innings, 56 not out in second innings).
New Zealand won the test series 1-0.
118. Who won the awards for the best batting performance in Test and ODI cricket category in the ESPN Cricinfo Awards 2009?
Virender Sehwag (Test)
Best Test Batting Performance:
Virender Sehwag-293 v Sri Lanka, Mumbai
Best Test Bowling Performance
Jerome Taylor-5 for 11 v England, Kingston
Best ODI Batting Performance
Sachin Tendulkar-175 v Australia at Hyderabad
Best ODI Bowling Performance
Shahid Afridi-6 for 38 v Australia at Dubai
Best Twenty20 Batting Performance
Chris Gayle- 88 v Australia at The Oval
Best Twenty20 Bowling Performance
Umar Gul-5 for 6 v New Zealand at The Oval
119. India's premier international airline, which recently announced that it will commence daily non-stop flights from Mumbai to Johannesburg from April 14,2010?
120. The United Nations' (UN) top climate official, unexpectedly announced that he will resign in July - after December's failed summit in Copenhagen dealt a blow to his climate change ambitions?
Bonn - Yvo de Boer.
121. Who won the first British female Winter Olympic gold in 30 years with victory in women’s skeleton?
122. Name of the Buddhist monk who was sentenced to seven years imprisonment in Myanmar for violating immigration laws in relation to a trip he took to Taiwan, unlawful association, and for failing to declare foreign currency?
He was arrested at Yangon International Airport in August along with seven other monks who were later released without charge.
123. Who was elected unopposed as the working chairman of NDA(National Democratic Alliance) till incumbent Atal Bihari Vajpayee recovers from ill-health?
L K Advani
Sharad Yadav has been elected as the convenor.
124. Which film won the 2010 Writers Guilds Award for original screen play?
The Hurt Locker
Original Screen Play: Mark Boal (Film:The Hurt Locker)
Adapted Screen Play: Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner Based upon the novel by Walter Kirn(Film:Up in the Air)
Documentary film: The cove (Written by Mark Monroe)
Actor, comedian and singer Jason Alexander, who is best known for his role as George Costanza on the television series “Seinfeld”, presented the 2010 Paddy Chayefsky Laurel Award for Television to writer/actor/producer Larry David.
125. Who won Silver Bear for best director for the film 'Ghost Writer' at 60th Berlin film festival?
126. Which film won the Golden Bear for best picture at the 60th Berlin International Film Festival?
The film is a Turkish-German production directed by Semih Kaplanoglus
127. Man of the match winners of the 3 ODI (One Day International) Cricket series between India and South Africa held in India.
First ODI Played at Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur on 21 February 2010
Man of the match: Ravindra Jadeja (India) (He scored 22 runs and took 2 wickets)
Result: India won the match by 1 runs.
Second ODI Played at Captain Roop Singh Stadium, Gwalior on 24 February 2010
Man of the match: Sachin Tendulkar (India) (He scored first double century of ODI cricket)
Result: India won by 153 runs
Third ODI Played at Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad on 27 February 2010.
Man of the match: AB de Villiers (South Africa) (He scored 102 runs form59 balls)
Result: South Africa won by 90 runs
India won the 3-match series 2-1.
128. Man of the match winners of the two 20-20 cricket series between Australia and West Indies held in Australia.
First 20-20 cricket Played at Bellerive Oval, Australia on 21 February 2010:
Man of the match: Shaun Tait (Australia)(He took 3 wickets )
Result: Australia won the match by 38 runs.
Second 20-20 cricket Played at Sydney Cricket Ground on 23 February 2010:
Man of the match: David Warner (Australia)(He scored 67 runs from 33 balls )
Result: Australia won the match by 8 wickets.
Australia won the 2-match series 2-0.
129. Man of the match winners of the two 20-20 cricket series between England and Pakistan held in Dubai. .
First 20-20 cricket Played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on 19 February 2010:
Man of the match: Eoin Morgan (England)(He scored 67 runs )
Result: England won by 7 wickets
Second 20-20 cricket Played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on20 February 2010:
Man of the match: Abdul Razzaq (Pakistan) (He scored 46 runs from 18balls )
Result: Pakistan won by 4 wickets.
The 2-match series drew 1-1.
130. Who won the Morgan Keegan Tennis Championships in Memphis beating Sharapova former Memphis champion Sofia Arvidsson 6-2, 6-1 in final?
131. Who won the WTA Dubai Tennis title defeating Belarusian Victoria Azarenka 6-3 7-5 in the final?
132. Which film won six BAFTA Awards in London including the award of best film?
Best Film – The Hurt Locker
Leading Actor – Colin Firth (A Single Man)
Leading Actress – Carey Mulligan (An Education)
Supporting Actor – Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)
Supporting Actress – Mo’Nique (Precious)
Outstanding British Film – Fish Tank
Outstanding debut by a British writer, director or producer – Duncan Jones (director – Moon)
Director – Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker)
Original Screenplay – The Hurt Locker (Mark Boal)
Adapted Screenplay – Up In The Air (Jason Reitman, Sheldon Turner)
Film not in the English language – A Prophet
Animated Film – Up
Music – Up (Michael Giacchino)
Cinematography – The Hurt Locker
Editing – The Hurt Locker
Production design – Avatar
Costume Design – The Young Victoria
Sound – The Hurt Locker
Special visual effects – Avatar
Make-up & hair – The Young Victoria
Short animation – Mother Of Many
Short film – I Do Air
The Orange Rising Star Award (voted for by the public) – Kristen Stewart
133. Who becomes the first woman to win ‘Best Director’ award in BAFTA awards?
She is the director of the film “Hurt Locker “.
134. Name of the New Unmanned Aircraft that can remain in the air for over 24 hours which has been added to Israeli Air Force family?
The drone named ‘Eitan’ meaning ‘Strong’ in Hebrew is said to be 24 meters long and 26 meters wide wingspan. The drone which weighs about 4.5 tones and it can fly to and from Persian Gulf.
• Drone means a pilotless aircraft operated by remote control.
135. India’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki has recently decided to recall about one lakh units of its flagship export model to replace a faulty fuel pump part. Name of that model?
136. The leader of the Sunni Muslim militant group “Jundullah” arrested recently by Iran authorities?
137. Who became the first man ever to score a double century in the 39 years of one-day international cricket?
He remains unbeaten on 200 from 147 balls, which include 25 fours and 3 sixes against South Africa.
138. Leaders of 32 countries from Latin America and the Caribbean, meeting in Mexico, decided to exclude two countries from membership of a new organization for countries on the American continents. Name of that countries?
United States of America (U.S.A) and Canada.
139. Name of the jailed Cuban dissident on a hunger strike for 83 days died at the age of 42 on 23-02-2010?
Orlando Zapata Tamayo.
This is for the first time since 1972 that an opponent of the Havana government lost his life during a hunger protest.
140. Australia's fourth-highest wicket-taker, who has retired from Test cricket after admitting his body, could no longer handle the demands of the five-day game?
He took 310 wickets in 76 Tests.
141. Indian Artist who has recently decided to accept the citizenship of Qatar?
M F Husain
142. Indian-origin woman who has became the first woman Leader of the Opposition in the Trinidad and Tobago parliament, ousting former premier Basdeo Panday from the post?
143. Which country has swept the Commonwealth Shooting Championship with a whopping 49 medals?
India won 23 gold, 17 silver and 9 bronze medals. England finished a distant second with 31 medals and badges, while Wales ended third on the table after winning 13 medals and badges.
144. A massive earthquake has hit a country in South America on February 27, 2010 killing more than 700 people while leaving untold numbers missing and 2 million displaced, wounded or otherwise affected. Which is that country?
145. A prominent Indian hotelier who has been presented the Community Award in recognition of his outstanding philanthropic work in the UK?
146. Which country’s Supreme Court disallowed kite flying during the occasion of the spring festival of Basant?
Kite flying is an integral part of the Basant celebration.
Disclaimer: The author claims full ownership of all articles herein but doesn't claim ownership of all photos posted on this site. If the respective copyright owners wish for their photos to be taken down, feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment and these will be taken down immediately.