1. Complete list of winners of Kerala State Film Awards-2015:
Best Film: Ozhivu Divasathe Kali (Sanalkumar Sashidharan)
Best Second Story: Ameoba
Best Director: Martin Prakkat (Charlie)
Best Actor: Dulquer Salmaan (Charlie)
Best Actress: Parvathy (Ennu Ninte Moideen)
Best Character Actor: Prem Prakash (Nirnayakam)
Best Character Actress: Anjali PV (Ben)
Best Child Artiste (male): Gaurav G Menon (Ben)
Best Child Artiste (female): Janaki Menon (Malgudi Days)
Best Cinematographer: Jomon T John (Charlie, Ennu Ninte Moideen, Nee-Na)
Best Scriptwriter: Unni R, Martin Prakkat (Charlie)
Best Script Adaptation: Velutha Rathrikal
Best Lyrics – Rafeeq Ahamed (Ennu Ninte Moideen)
Best Music Director: Ramesh Narayanan (Edavapathy, Ennu Ninte Moideen)
Best Background Score: BijiBal (Pathemari, Nee-Na)
Best Singer (Male): Jayachandran (Jilebi, Ennum Epozum, Ennu Ninte Moideen)
Best Singer (female): Madhusri Narayanan (Edavapathy)
Best Editor: Manoj (Ivide)
Best Art Director: Jayashree (Charlie)
Best Live Sound: Sundeep, Jijimon (Ozhivu Divasathe Kali)
Best Makeup Man: Rajesh Nermara (Nirnayakam)
Best Dubbing Artiste: Sarath (Edavapathy)
Best Dubbing Artiste (female): Angel Shijoy (Haram)
Best Debut Director: Sreebala K Menon (Love 24×7)
Best Children’s Movie: Malayattom (Homas Devasia)
Special Jury Award: Jayasurya, (Lukka Chuppi, Su Su Sudhi Vathmeekam).
2. Pakistan bowler equalled the record for the most dot balls in a Twenty20 international match during Pakistan’s nervy win over the United Arab Emirates?
He bowled a remarkable 21 dot balls on his way to figures of 2-6. Hong Kong’s Aizaz Khan is the only player to have conceded less runs off four overs in a T20 international. Aizaz took 2-4 against Nepal in 2014.
3. Former Indian Cricketer who has been roped in by Cricbuzz as its in-house expert analyst for the ICC World T20, which will kick off on March 8, 2016?
4. Name the president of the students’ union, Jawaharlal Nehru University who was arrested on sedition charges, granted 6 months bail on March 2, 2016?
5. Mumbai-based writer who is among the nine recipients of the Yale University's Windham-Campbell Prize 2016, awarded to English-language writers "for their literary achievements or their potential"?
THE WEEK columnist and author Jerry Pinto is among the nine recipients of this year's $1,50,000 Windham-Campbell Prizes announced on March,2016.
6. Name the two astronauts who landed in a desert in Kazakhstan on March 2, 2016 after living at the International Space Station (ISS) for 340 days?
Scott Kelly and Mikhail Kornienko.
The Year Long Mission on the International Space Station is a scientific research project that studies the health effects of long term spaceflight. Scott Kelly and Mikhail Korniyenko spent 342 days in space, with scientists performing medical experiments. Kelly and Kornienko departed in March 2015 on Soyuz TMA-16M along with Gennady Padalka. The pair safely landed in Kazakhstan on March 2, 2016, returning aboard Soyuz TMA-18M with Sergey Volkov.
7. The former New Zealand Cricket captain, writer, broadcaster and mentor, has died in Auckland on March 3, 2016?
He played for the New Zealand national cricket team between 1982 and 1995, and is regarded as the country's greatest batsman. He was named a Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 1985 and was appointed New Zealand's captain in 1990.At the 1992 World Cup, which New Zealand co-hosted with Australia; Crowe was named the player of the tournament.
8. Indian film archivist, film scholar and the founder director of the National Film Archive of India (NFAI) in 1964, passed away on March 4, 2016?
Paramesh Krishnan Nair, who had dedicated his life to preservation of films and building the collection of films at the NFAI, was instrumental in archiving several landmark Indian films like Dadasaheb Phalke's Raja Harishchandra and Kaliya Mardan, Bombay Talkies films such as Jeevan Naiya, Bandhan, Kangan, Achhut Kanya and Kismet, S.S. Vasan's Chandralekha and Uday Shankar's Kalpana. His life and work has been immortalised in the documentary Celluloid Man, made by Shivendra Singh Dungarpur.
9. Indian politician who served as the Speaker of the Lok Sabha from 1996 to 1998, passed away on March 4, 2016?
He was also the Chief Minister of Meghalaya from 1988 to 1990 and Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly from 1990 to 1991. On 5 January 2013, Sangma launched National People's Party on national level.
10. Veteran Bollywood star best known for his patriotic films Purab Aur Paschim, Upkar and Kranti, who was chosen for the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke award-2015?
Known for his image as the patriotic hero, Kumar debuted as an actor with 1957 Hindi film Fashion. The actor and director of patriotic theme based movies, Kumar is fondly called as "Bharat Kumar".
11. Which club set a Spanish record of 35 matches unbeaten in all competitions in La Liga as Lionel Messi scored his 35th hat-trick?
Barca’s victory beat the undefeated record Real Madrid had held since the 1988-89 season.
12. Who has been appointed as the interim general secretary of UEFA on March 4, 2016?
UEFA's Executive Committee appointed Theodore Theodoridis as UEFA General Secretary ad interim, replacing Gianni Infantino who was elected FIFA President on 26 February.
13. Which team won the 2016 Pro Kabaddi League season?
Patna Pirates beat U Mumba in the final. Patna Pirates is a Kabaddi team based in Patna, Bihar that plays in the Pro Kabaddi League. The team is currently led by Manpreet Singh and coached by Sanjiv Kumar Baliyan. The 2016 Pro Kabaddi League season was the third season of Pro Kabaddi League, a professional Kabaddi league played in India since 2014.
14. Popular Malayalam actor and folk singer who has starred in over 200 films, including Malayalam, Tamil, and Telugu films, passed away on March 6, 2016?
He received the National Film Award – Special Jury Award and Kerala State Film Award for his performance as Ramu in Vasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njaanum (1999).He started his career as a mimicry artist in Kalabhavan, Kochi. He started his acting career in the Malayalam film Aksharam as an auto driver.His first music album was (Thushima Guntharo) Kannimanga Prayathil. He has since established a parallel industry of folk songs (nadan pattu) selling a record number of releases. He then turned out to be playing hero characters in movies like Vasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njanum, Karumadikuttan, Ben Johnson, Ayirathil Oruvan, Valkannadi, Lokanathan IAS, Kerala Police, Red Salute etc. He also made an excellent villain, in films such as Gemini (Tamil).
15. Former first lady who was known for her influence and devotion to President Ronald Reagan during his eight years in the White House and his decades outside it, passed away on March 6, 2016?
Nancy Reagan. Nancy Regan was an American actress and the wife of the 40th President of the United States, Ronald Reagan. She was the First Lady of the United States from 1981 to 1989.
16. Which country won the 2016 Asia Cup T20 Cricket Title defeating Bangladesh in the final?
The 2016 Asia Cup was held in Bangladesh from 24 February to 6 March 2016. It was the 13th edition of the Asia Cup, the fifth to be held in Bangladesh, and the first to be played using the T20I format. Along with Bangladesh (the host) and Sri Lanka (the defending champions from the 2014 event), the tournament included India, Pakistan, and ICC associate member the United Arab Emirates. India beat Bangladesh by 8 wickets in the final to win their sixth Asia Cup title. India beat Bangladesh by 8 wickets in the final to win their sixth Asia Cup title.
17. American computer programmer who widely credited as the creator of email, passed away on March 5, 2016?
Tomlinson implemented the first email program on the ARPANET system, the precursor to the Internet, in 1971.It was the first system able to send mail between users on different hosts connected to ARPANET. Previously, mail could be sent only to others who used the same computer. To achieve this, he used the @ sign to separate the user name from the name of their machine, a scheme which has been used in email addresses ever since.
The first email Tomlinson sent was a test. It was not preserved and Tomlinson describes it as insignificant, something like "QWERTYUIOP". This is commonly misquoted as "The first e-mail was QWERTYUIOP". Tomlinson later commented that these "test messages were entirely forgettable and I have, therefore, forgotten them."
18. Name the company in UK which has introduced a “period policy” in an effort to give women more flexibility and “create a happier and healthier working environment”?
Coexist, a community interest firm in Bristol, hopes to tackle the taboo of menstruation by becoming the first company in the UK to introduce a policy to allow women leave if they are suffering.
19. Russian professional tennis player who has been provisionally suspended from playing tennis by the International Tennis Federation after she had failed a drug test at the 2016 Australian Open?
In March 2016, Sharapova revealed she had failed a drug test at the 2016 Australian Open, admitting to testing positive for meldonium, a substance banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) at the start of 2016
20. Name the American sportscaster and television personality who was awarded $55 million on March 7, 2016 in her lawsuit against a stalker who bought a hotel room next to her and secretly recorded a nude video, finding that the hotel companies and the stalker shared in the blame?
She currently hosts FOX College Football for Fox Sports, as well as Dancing with the Stars for ABC.
21. The English record producer who was referred to as the "Fifth Beatle", produced much of the Beatles' classic catalog, passed away on March 8, 2016?
He was referred to as the "Fifth Beatle", including by Paul McCartney, in reference to his extensive involvement on each of the Beatles' original albums. Martin had 30 number-one hit singles in the United Kingdom and 23 number-one hits in the United States. In 1979, Martin published a memoir, All You Need is Ears (co-written with Jeremy Hornsby), that described his work with the Beatles and other artists (including Peter Sellers, Sophia Loren, Shirley Bassey, Flanders and Swann, Matt Monro, and Dudley Moore.
The fifth Beatle is an informal title that various commentators in the press and entertainment industry have applied to persons who were at one point a member of the Beatles, or who had a strong association with the "Fab Four" (John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr) during the group's existence.
22. Which country has been plunged into darkness for just a few minutes in the second week of March 2016, as people prayed and cheered during a total solar eclipse?
23. Name the sixth satellite in the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) which was successfully test fired on March 10, 2016 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Sriharikota?
In its thirty fourth flight (PSLV-C32), ISRO's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle successfully launched the 1425 kg IRNSS-1F. IRNSS is an independent regional navigation satellite system designed to provide position information in the Indian region and 1500 km around the Indian mainland. IRNSS would provide two types of services, namely, Standard Positioning Services (SPS) - provided to all users - and Restricted Services (RS), provided to authorised users.
24. Who won the Player of the Series award in the three T20 cricket matches played between South Africa and Australia held in South Africa in March 2016?
David Warner. (Australia).
Australia won the 3-match series 2-1.
25. Former Supreme Court judge who has been appointed as the Chairman of the 21st Law Commission?
Balbir Singh Chauhan.
Currently he is Chairman of the Cauvery River Water Disputes Tribunal. He was judge of the SC from May 2009 to July 2014. He also had served as Chief Justice of Orissa high court from July 2008 to May 2009. Justice Ravi R Tripathi, a former judge of the Gujarat High Court, has been appointed as member of the law panel. The Commission is reconstituted every three years and is usually headed by a retired Supreme Court judge or former Chief Justice of a high court.
The 20th Law Commission was headed by Justice A P Shah, Former Chief Justice (CJ) of Delhi High Court and its tenure ended on 31 August, 2015.
26. Hackers managed to steal $80m (£56m) from a central bank of an Asian country because it skimped on network hardware and security software. Which is that country?
In February 2016, instructions to steal US$951 Million from Bangladesh Bank, the central bank of Bangladesh, were issued via the SWIFT network. Five transactions issued by hackers worth $101 million from a Bangladesh Bank account at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York succeeded, with $20M traced to Sri Lanka (since recovered) and $81M to the Philippines. The Federal Reserve Bank of NY blocked the remaining 30 transaction accounting for $850 million in 30 transactions at the request of Bangladesh Bank.
The bank had no firewall and used second-hand routers that cost $10 to connect to global financial networks. The hackers introduced malicious code, known as malware into the Bangladesh bank’s server, which allowed them to process and authorize the transactions.
27. Name the bill which aims to ensure targeted services to intended beneficiaries by assigning them unique identity numbers, passed by Lok Sabha on March 11, 2016?
The Lok Sabha passed The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016 by rejecting the amendments introduced in Rajya Sabha.
28. Founder and keyboardist of the progressive-rock band Emerson, Lake and Palmer who passed away on March 10, 2016?
Emerson died on 10 March 2016 in Santa Monica, California, of suicide by a gunshot wound to the head. He wrote music for Dario Argento’s 1980 film Inferno, 1981’s Nighthawks, Michele Soavi’s 1989 horror film The Church, and 2004’s Godzilla: Final Wars. He also served as the lead composer for Marvel’s 1994 Iron Man cartoon show.
29. Name the indigenously built, nuclear-capable ballistic missile which is successfully test fried by India from a test range off Odisha’s coast as part of a user trial by the army?
The surface-to-surface, single-stage Agni missile is powered by solid propellants and can hit targets 700km away.
30. Noted Indian scholar and plant physiologist who has been appointed the next Vice Chancellor of the prestigious University of Canberra?
H. Deep Saini.
31. Which team won the Irani cup-2015-2016 defeating Mumbai in the final?
Rest of India.
The Irani Cup is played annually between the incumbent Ranji Trophy winners and the Rest of India Team.
32. Name the joint mission of European Space Agency (ESA) and Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) designed to understand if life ever existed on Mars?
ExoMars (Exobiology on Mars).
Exomars is an astrobiology project to investigate the past habitability environment of Mars and to demonstrate new technologies paving the way for a future Mars sample return mission in the 2020s. The mission will search for biosignatures of Martian life, past or present, employing several spacecraft elements to be sent to Mars on two launches. The ExoMars Trace Gas Orbiter (TGO) and a test stationary lander called Schiaparelli were launched on 14 March 2016.
33. The industrialist and the liquor baron who left India on March 2, 2016, i.e. the same day the banks, to which he owed over Rs. 9,000 crore, moved the Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT)?
Mallya is facing legal proceedings for defaulting on loans of more than Rs 9,000 crores from several banks.
34. Which team won the Santosh Trophy 2016 defeating Maharashtra (1-2) in the final?
The Services football team is an Indian football team representing the Indian defence services in the Santosh Trophy.
35. Who has been elected as the first civilian President of Myanmar in more than 50 years?
36. Who has been elected as the first female president of Taiwan?
37. British novelist and art historian who was awarded the 1984 Man Booker Prize for her novel Hotel du Lac, passed away on March 10, 2016?
Anita became the first woman to hold the Slade Professorship of Fine Art at Cambridge University.
38. Who becomes the first player (male/female) to take 100 T20International Wickets?
Anisa currently plays for the Trinidad and Tobago women's team in first class cricket and the West Indies women's cricket team.
39. Which country is the happiest place in the world, according to World Happiness Report 2016, prepared by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) and the Earth Institute at Columbia University?
India ranked 118 followed by Myanmar, Egypt and Armenia. The top 10 this year (2016) were Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Finland, Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand, Australia, and Sweden.
40. The British mathematician who was awarded the Abel Prize-2016, the most prestigious among mathematician, for solving a problem that at one point was considered the world’s hardest?
He became famous in 1994 for developing a general proof of Fermat’s Last Theorem, a deceptively simple problem that had remained unsolved since it was discovered in a book penned by Pierre de Fermat, a French lawyer, in 1667. The problem states that, given an + bn = cn, then a, b and c can’t be positive integers if n > 2. As numerous mathematicians, even of formidable prowess, over the years discovered, the equation’s elegance belied the stupendous reasoning skills required to prove it. Abel Prize is a Norwegian prize awarded annually by the Government of Norway to one or more outstanding mathematicians.
41. Name the former German intelligence employee who has been sentenced to eight years in jail for spying for the US and Russia?
Reichel admitted handing over more than 200 documents over four years to the CIA in exchange for at least €80,000 (£63,000, $90,000).
42. Which country has banned smartphones in government buildings because confidential documents keep being leaked through WhatsApp?
43. Bangladesh bowlers who have been suspended from bowling in international cricket with immediate effect after an independent assessment found their bowling actions to be illegal?
Arafat Sunny and Taskin Ahmed.
44. Who becomes the first woman to command a major U.S. combatant command?
On March 18, 2016, U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter announced that Robinson will be named by President Obama as Commander of the United States Northern Command and NORAD, subject to approval by the U.S. Senate. This will make her the first woman to command a major Unified Combatant Command.
45. Ace Indian shuttler who has won the prestigious 2016 Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament in the men’s single category?
In the final played at Basel, Switzerland, he defeated Marc Zwiebler of Germany. It was his second Grand Prix Gold title after the Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold won in 2014.
46. Who has won the prestigious 2016 Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament in the women’s single category?
Bingjiao (China) won the title by defeating Wang Yihan (China).
47. Who has won the Indian Wells Men’s title-2016 defeating Milos Raonic (Canada) in the final?
Djokovic also won in Indian Wells in 2008, 2011, 2014 and 2015.
48. Barack Obama became the first US president in 88 years (March 20, 2016) to visit a country in North America. (March 20, 2016) Which is that country?
Obama was not only the first sitting American president to visit Cuba since Fidel Castro’s guerrillas overthrew the US-backed government of Fulgencio Batista in 1959. The last U.S. president to visit Cuba was Calvin Coolidge who visited on a warship in 1928.
49. Name the unique and highly divers ecosystem in the Western Ghats which has been recognised by the UNESCO as a World Biosphere Reserve.?
The Agasthyamalai Biosphere Reserve (ABR) was established in 2001 and is spread across the two states of Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
50. A US navy tug missing since 1921 has been discovered sunk off San Francisco, solving a longstanding maritime mystery. What is the name of that tugboat?
It was peacetime when the USS Conestoga departed from California's Golden Gate strait on March 25, 1921, but in one of the biggest maritime mysteries the vessel disappeared without a trace. The wreck of the USS Conestoga was found near one of the Farallon Islands about 30 miles west of San Francisco.
51. Dutch professional football player who won the Ballon d'Or three times, (in 1971, 1973 and 1974) passed away on March 24, 2016?
Cruyff led the Netherlands to the final of the 1974 FIFA World Cup and received the Golden Ball as player of the tournament. At club level, Cruyff started his career at Ajax where he won eight Eredivisie titles, three European Cups and one Intercontinental Cup. In 1973 he moved to FC Barcelona for a world record transfer fee, winning La Liga in his first season and was named European Footballer of the Year. After retiring from playing in 1984, Cruyff became highly successful as manager of Ajax and later FC Barcelona. In 1999, Cruyff was voted European Player of the Century in an election held by the International Federation of Football History & Statistics, and came second behind Pele in their World Player of the Century poll.
The Ballon d'Or ("Golden Ball"), often referred to as the European Footballer of the Year award, was an annual association football award presented by France Football between 1956 and 2009.
52. Australian professional cricketer who has announced his retirement from International Cricket in March 2016?
He debuted in 2002 in One Day International against South Africa. He retires from the game with 5757 ODI runs and 1440 T20I runs under his belt. He also has 33 fifties and 9 centuries in ODIs to his name as well as a T20I hundred and 10 fifties. He’s taken 168 wickets in ODIs and 46 in T20Is. He also holds the Australian record for the highest ODI score – his 185* against Bangladesh in 2011. He scored 3731 runs and took 75 wickets in Test Cricket.
He was awarded the Allan Border Medal in 2010 and 2011, becoming the second player (after Ricky Ponting) to win back-to back Allan Border Medals. He won 6 awards in the Tests, ODI & T20I player of the year awards category, which is the most by any player. Also the only player to be Australian "Player of the Year" in all formats. He was declared man of the series in the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 for scoring a total of 249 runs. He is the only player to win four consecutive Player of the Match Awards in ICC event history.
53. One of Kerala's most popular Kadhaprasangam (story telling) artists and film comedian who passed away on March 24, 2016?
He started his career in the 1980s mainly portraying comedian roles and has acted in more than 50 films in Malayalam. He is considered as the godfather of parody songs in Malayalam. Considered to be one of the greatest proponents of Kathaprasangam (Story-telling) in Kerala, Rajappan gifted his devoted fans many memorable performances such as “Priye Ninte Kura”, “Amittu”, “Kumari Eruma”, “Mak Mak”, “Ennennum Kurangettandeh” and many such others.
54. Who has become the first captain to complete 1000 runs in T20 internationals?
Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Dhoni has become the first captain in the IPL history to complete 2000 runs.
55. Which players won the Dhruv Batra Player of the Year Award (2015) for Men and Women respectively at the Hockey India (HI) Annual Awards?
P.R. Sreejesh and Deepika.
Both Sreejesh and Deepika bagged Rs. 25 lakh and a trophy each for their achievement. Sreejesh plays as a goalkeeper in the Indian national team.
56. Who won the coveted Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement award (2015) with a cash prize of Rs 30 lakh and a trophy?
57. Complete list of winners of National Film Awards-2015:
The 63rd National Film Awards were announced on March 28, 2016, for Indian films released in 2015. The 2015 mega blockbuster Baahubali was adjudged the overall Best Film, , while Amitabh Bachchan and Kangana Ranaut bagged Best Actors trophy for "Piku" and "Tanu Weds Manu Returns," respectively. Sanjay Leela Bhansali has been honoured with Best Director award for directing magnum opus "Bajirao Mastani."
Best Film: Baahubali – The Beginning
Best Special Effects: Baahubali – The Beginning
Best Director: Sanjay Leela Bhansali for "Bajirao Mastani"
Best Actress: Kangana Ranaut "Tanu Weds Manu Returns"
Best Actor: Amitabh Bachchan for "Piku"
Best Supporting Actress: Tanvi Azmi for Bajirao Mastani
Best Supporting Actor: Samuthirakani for Visaranai
Best Child Artist: Gaurav Menon from the film "Ben"
Best Children's Film: Duronto
Best Popular Film providing wholesome entertainment: Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Best Film on Social Issues - Nirnayakam
Best Film on Environment Conservation/Preservation: Valiya Chirakulla Pakshikal
Best Editing Award: Lt. TE Kishore for Visaranai
Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Film of a Director: Neeraj Ghaywan for Masaan
Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration -Nanak Shah Fakir
Best Music Direction:M. Jayachandran for Song Kaathirunnu Kaathirunnu for the film "Ennu Ninte Moideen"
Best Music Direction: Background Score Ilaiyaraaja for the Film Thaarai Thappattai
Best Female Playback Singer: Monali Thakur for Moh Moh Ke Dhaage from "Dum Laga Ke Haisha"
Best Male Singer: Mahesh Kale for the film "Katyar Kaljat Ghusili"
Best Makeup: Nanak Shah Fakir Team
Best Jury Award: Kalki Koechlin for "Margarita, with a Straw"
Best Lyricists: Varun Grover for Moh Moh Ke Dhaage from "Dum Laga Ke Haisha"
Best Choreography: Remo D'Souza for Deewani Mastani song from "Bajirao Mastani"
Best Cinematography -Sudeep Chaterjee for "Bajirao Mastani"
Best Screenplay Writer (Original): Juhi Chaturvedi for "Piku" and Himanshu Sharm for "Tanu Weds Manu Returns"
Best Screenplay Dialogues: Juhi Chaturvedi for "Piku" and Himanshu Sharma for "Tanu Weds Manu Returns"
Special Mention - Ritika Singh for "Irudhi Suttru" (Saala Khadoos)
Special Mention - Jayasurya for Su Su Sudhi Vathmeekam & Lukka Chuppi
Special Mention - Rinku Rajguru for the film "Sairat"
Best Film Friendly State Award: Gujarat
Best Film Friendly State Award: Special mention to Uttar Pradesh and Kerala
Best Assamese Film - Kothanodi
Best Bengali Film - Shankhachil
Best Hindi Film: Dum Laga Ke Haisha
Best Kannada Film - Thithi
Best Konkani Film: Enemy
Best Malayalam Film - Pathemari
Best Marathi Film - Ringan
Best Odiya Film: Pahada Ra Luha
Best Tamil Film: Visaaranai
Best Mizo Film - Kima's Lode beyond the Class
Best Sanskrit Film –Priyamanasam
Best Maithili Film -Mithila Makhaan
Best Telugu Film -Kanche
Best Manipuri Film -Eibusu Yaohanbiyu
Best Wancho Film: The Head Hunter
Best Bodo Film: Dau Huduni Methai
Best Haryanvi Film: Satrangi
Best Khasi Film: Onaatah
Best Non Feature Film: Gujarati film "Amdavad Ma Famous"
Best Art Cultural Film: A Far Afternoon - A Painted Saga
Best Biographical: Life in a Metaphor
Best Short Fiction Film: Marathi film "Aushad"
Best Animation Award: 'Fisherwoman and Tuktuk'
Best Social Film Award: Autodriver
Best Music: 'A Far Afternoon' (Non feature).
58. Well-known Malayalam writer and journalist who won Kerala Sahitya Akademi award in 2006 for his novel titled “Kalaapangalkkoru Gruhapaadam”, passed away on March 30, 2016?
His other noted works include 'Pravasiyude Kurippukal', 'Shavaghoshayathra' (novelettes), 'Puppet Theatre' (short story collection), 'Pravasiyude Vazhiyambalangal' and 'Adrushya Nagarangal'.
59. In which state , central Government imposed President's Rule on March 27,2016 on grounds of 'breakdown of governance' with the decision coming in the wake of a political crisis triggered by a rebellion in the ruling Congress?
60. Hungarian author, Holocaust concentration camp survivor, and recipient of the 2002 Nobel Prize in Literature, passed away on March 31, 2016?
He was the first Hungarian to win the Nobel in Literature. The Holocaust remained a central theme in several of his best-known works, including his first novel "Fatelessness".