SOLVED PAPER OF LABORATORY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (LIVESTOCK MANAGEMENT (POULTRY HUSBANDRY)) – VHSE HELD ON 10-04-2015
(QUESTION PAPER CODE (57/2015).
1. The disease affecting chicken which causes immune suppression:
2. The process of disappearance of pigments like melanin and carotenoids from the body parts of chicken:
3. A popular and efficient method of disinfection of eggs in a hatchery:
4. Chemicals used for fumigation of eggs:
KMNO4 and Formalin.
5. The hair like feathers which remains even after the bird has been plucked?
6. The disease affecting poultry which is caused by the inhalation of fungal spores from hatchery or from the mouldy feed or litter:
7. The floor space requirement for chicks upto 4 weeks of age:
8. Name a critical amino acid in poultry feed ration:
9. A breed of chicken with feathered shank, loose plumage and used for meat purpose:
10. The muscular stomach of chicken:
11. A pneumatic bone present in fowl:
12. The part of fowl that produce voice:
13. Black Tongue disease in chicks is caused due to the deficiency of :
14. Choose a viral disease affecting chicken:
15. Incubation period of duck egg:
16. The chemical used for preservation of eggs in water glass method:
17. The longest bone in fowl:
18. An abnormality occurs in egg yolk as a result of the hemorrhage of small blood vessels in the ovary or oviduct:
19. The proportion of yolk in a egg:
20. Removal of small hair hike feathers by passing hair flame all over the body of the carcass:
21. The floor space requirement for broiler birds:
22. In which mating system accurate pedigreeing is possible:
23. A poultry house equipment which is only used in layer house:
Shell grit hoppers.
24. Incubation period of quail egg:
25. The biological value of egg protein:
26. The commercial practice for evaluating the quality of shell eggs:
27. A poultry breed suitable for backyard system of rearing:
28. The process of shedding and renewal of feathers in chicken:
29. Brooder or Hover space requirement for one chick:
45-65 sq. cm.
30. Identification and removal of economically non-viable birds:
31. A disease caused in human beings by the continuous consumption of raw eggs:
Egg white injury.
32. A feed ingredient which is a good source of B complex vitamins:
33. The key nutrient needed for the production of milk and egg:
34. The system of mating of poultry in which males are usually confined at all time to small individual pens within the large laying pen :
35. The productive capacity of each hen is recorded with the help of :
36. The temperature requirement for chicks at first weeks of age:
35 degree Celsius.
37. The sound produced by male turkey:
38. The photoperiod requirement for layer birds:
39. Young one of a turkey:
40. The process of egg laying in chicken:
41. The cholesterol content in 100g of chicken meat:
42. The vitamin which is not present in the egg:
43. Name an important hatchery borne disease:
44. An indigenous breed of fowl which is known for its fighting qualities:
45. Non nutrient substances that are included in poultry diet to provide growth stimulant properties:
46. The crude protein requirement for layers according to BIS specification:
47. Choose an egg type duck breed:
(A) White Pekin (B) Muscovy (C) Khaki Campbell (D) Both(A) and (B).
Ans: Khaki Campbell
48. The causative organism for New Castle disease in chicken:
49. The ideal temperature in the settler of an incubator:
37.2-37.8 degree Celsius.
50. The serious defect of egg in which the vitelline membrane is broken allowing the white to mix with the yolk:
51. Albumin content in an egg:
52. The protein requirement in Broiler starter ration:
53. The part of oviduct where egg white is secreted around the yolk:
54. The part of oesophagus where food is stored in poultry:
55. The average body temperature of fowl:
41.7 degree Celsius.
56. The family or a line or a group of birds produced through specialized breeding programme:
57. Question Deleted :
58. The level of oil that can be used in poultry feed:
59. Freezing of chicken meat under irregular temperatures produces a condition known as :
60. The skin colour of Australorp Breed:
61. The most immunosuppressant mycotoxin in poultry feed :
62. An essential vitamin that should be included in duck feed:
63. Question Deleted :
64. The main pigment present in egg yolk:
65. Male goose is called:
66. The Diploid chromosome number of poultry is :
67. The brooder house is recommended to accommodate:
Day old to 8 weeks old chicks.
68. The important organ for evaporating cooling in chicken:
69. An example of a poultry breed with pea comb :
(A) New Hampshire (B) Cochin (C)Cornish (D)Sussex.
70. Restricted feeding is practiced in which group of birds :
71. The shell surface of egg is recovered by a thin mucus layer which provides natural protection to shell pores:
72. The incubation period of Muscovy ducks:
73. Weight of day old quail eggs:
74. A fleshy protruberance near the base of beak in male turkey:
75. The mineral deficiency associated with Perosis in chicken:
76. Culling percentage in a layer farm :
Less than 5% in a year.
77. The vitamin present in good built up litter:
78. The most ideal temperature in a poultry house:
21 degree Celsius.
79. The prehensile organ in chicken:
80. Name a poultry breed with rose comb and circular body:
81. Who called Gandhi “Mahatma”?
82. Velu Thampi Dalwa was the ruler of :
83. The British started Supreme Court of India in :
84. Udham Singh killed:
Michael O’ Dyer.
85. “CHERAYI” was associated with :
86. The Malayalam movie “NADAN” is directed by :
87. “NEEL DARPAN” is a Bengali play written by:
88. The Brand Ambassador of Telengana is :
89. The Arammula Vallasadya is being held in :
90. Wagon Tragedy was linked to :
91. “Back to Vedas” is a slogan of :
92. Two states disputes over Cauvery water sharing are:
Tamilnadu and Karnataka.
93. Dr. M.S.Swaminathan is famous as:
94. The Revolt of 1857 broke out in :
95. The Chairman of Rajya Sabha is :
96. In the election to the Presidentialship of Congress, Subhash Chandra Bose defeated:
97. Nationalisation of Banks in India was the reform of:
98. Thalakkal chandu was an associate of :
99. “Kuttam Kulam Samaram “ was held in :
100. Electricity agitation was held in :