MODEL GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR LDC EXAMS TO BE HELD IN KERALA
1. Which British Governor General banned the ritual of sati in India in 1829?
Lord William Bentinck.
2. Who is known as “Desabandhu”?
3. World Music Day is observed on?
4. University Grants Commission (UGC) formed in?
December 28, 1953.
5. Which is the longest National Highway of India?
NH 7 is from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh to Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu covering a distance of 2,369 km (1,472 mi), and passing through the metros like Hyderabad and Bangalore.
6. First butterfly safari park of Asia is situated in?
Thenmala is the first eco-tourism project in India.
7. Simmon commission visited India in ?
8. First Education Minister of Kerala State?
9. First Deputy Chief Minister of Kerala is?
10. Who wrote the book “A Brief history of Time”?
11. Which amendment of Indian constitution provided a Constitutional status to the Panchayati Raj Institutions in India?
73rd Constitutional Amendment Act.
12. Which city is known as “Financial and Commercial capital” of India?
13. Who is the First woman governor of Kerala?
She served as the Governor of Kerala from 14 October 1977 to 26 October 1982.
14. KSRTC (Kerala State Road Transport Corporation) was established in?
Kerala State road Transport Corporation was established by the government of Kerala in 15 March 1965.
15. Who is known as “The Indian Machiavelli”?
He was an adviser of the first Maurya Emperor Chandragupta. He is also known as Kautilya and Vishnugupta. He is the author of Arthashastra and Neetishastra which is also known as Chanakya Niti. Machiavelli was an Italian philosopher, humanist, writer and one of the main founders of modern political science.
16. Russian Revolution took place in?
17. Which is the smallest Grama Panchayath in Kerala?
18. First pilot of India?
On February 10, 1929 Tata obtained the first pilot license issued in India. He later came to be known as the father of Indian civil aviation. He founded India's first commercial airline, 'Tata Airlines', in 1932, which in 1946 became Air India, now India's national airline. He was awarded India's highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna in 1992.
19. pH value of Pure Water is ?
pH is a measure of the acidity or basicity of an solution. Solutions with a pH less than 7 are said to be acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are basic or alkaline.
20. First complete computer literate Grama Panchayath of Kerala is?
21. The first constituent assembly of India to use the electronic voting machine for polling?
Paravoor , Kerala.
22. Who is secretary-general of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)?
Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed.
She is the tenth secretary-general of SAARC and first woman to hold this post since the organization's inception in 1985.
23. In which district the Silent Valley National Park of Kerala situated?
24. Montenegro, a country located in Southeastern Europe, declared independence in?
June 3, 2006.
25. The first biological park in India was set up at?
26. Punnapra Vayalar uprising took place in?
27. Who is known as the Kerala Valmiki?
Vallathol Narayana Menon
Kerala Kalidasan- Keralaverma Valiya Koyithampuran.
Kerala Ibsen- N. Krishna Pillai.
Kerala Vyasan- Kodungalloor Kunjikuttan Thampuran.
Kerala Hemingway-M.T.Vasudevan Nair.
28. Vaikam Sathyagraha took place in?
29. Parliament of Japan?
30. Bhopal Tragedy took place in which year?
1984 December 3.
31. Study of flags is known as ?
32. The new symbol of Indian Rupees is designed by?
Udaya Kumar Dharmalingam.
33. Who is the volunteer captain of “Guruvayoor Satyagrah”?
34. 98th Indian Science Congress held in ?
35. The first battle of Panipat took place in?
Babur defeated Ibrahim Lodhi in the First Battle of Panipat and founded the Mughal Empire.
The Second Battle of Panipat was fought between the forces of Hemu, the Hindu king who was ruling North India from Delhi, and the army of Akbar, on November 5, 1556. Hemu was defeated by Akbar.
The Third Battle of Panipat took place on 14 January 1761. In this battle, Marathas was defeated by Ahmed Sha Abdali.
36.In which year Right to Information Act came into force?
37.Lottery was first started in which state of India?
38. The scheme "Laksham Veedu" was launched by?
39. "Kudumbashri" was launched in the year?
40."Poverty and Un-British Rule in India" was written by ?
Dada Bai Naoroji
Disclaimer: The author claims full ownership of all articles herein but doesn't claim ownership of all photos posted on this site. If the respective copyright owners wish for their photos to be taken down, feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment and these will be taken down immediately.