MODEL GK QUESTIONS FOR LGS EXAMS IN KERALA.
1. First Malayalam Movie?
2. Terrorists from Pakistan attacked Mumbai on?
November 26, 2008.
3. India’s first mission to the Moon “Chandrayan-1” was launched on?
October 22, 2008.
4. How many members are nominated by the President of India to the Indian Parliament?
Loksabha (2 members, i.e. two members from the Anglo-Indian community can be nominated by the President of India, if the president feels that the Anglo-Indian community is not adequately represented)
Rajysabha (12 members. They are nominated by the President from people having special knowledge or experience in literature, science, art or social services.).
5. Bokaro Steel Plant is located in?
6. The India Gate, the national monument of India located in?
7. Panchayat Raj was started in India in?
On 2nd October 1959, Rajasthan came to be the first State to establish Panchayat Raj in India.
8. Article of the Indian constitution, which is of a temporary nature grants special status to Jammu and Kashmir?
9. District Primary Education Programme (DPEP) initiated in India in?
10. The National Flag of India is adopted in?
July 22, 1947.
11. Who is the chairman of Planning Commission?
12. World Earth Day is observed on?
World Water Day: March 22.
13. Father of electricity?
14. Number of corporations in Kerala?
(Grama Panchayth-999, Taluk-63, Municipality-53)
15. Vitamin which helps for clotting of blood?
16. Study of birds is called?
17. “Vandematharam” is written by?
Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
18. Vallathol prize includes prize money of?
19. Kundara Proclamation was in the year?
20. The boundary line between India and Pakistan is called?
The Radcliff Line.
21. World Literacy Day is observed on?
22. “Yanthram” novel written by?
23. Which city is known as City of Palaces?
24. Who was the last viceroy of India?
25. Who discovered the circulation of the blood?
26. Currency of Russia?
27. First hydro electric project of Kerala state is ?
Pallivasal Hydroelectric Project.
28. Scurvy is a disease resulting from a deficiency of?
Deficiency of Vitamin A-Night Blindness
Deficiency of Vitamin B-Beri Beri
Deficiency of Vitamin D-Rickets
Deficiency of Vitamin E-Reproduction defects.
29. The first Buddhist Council was held in?
Rajgriha (now Rajgir). It was held under the patronage of king Ajatasatru in 483 BC.
Second Buddhist Council was held in Vaisali during the period of King Kalasoka in 383 BC.
The Third Buddhist Council was held in Pataliputra in 250 BC during the reign of Ashoka
Fourth Buddhist Council was held at Kashmir during the reign of Kanishka. The final schism in Buddhism into the Hinayana and Mahayana sects took place during this council.
30. Old name of Myanmar?
31. Voting age lowered from 21 to 18 through which constitutional amendment?
Panchayth Raj Act(73rd Amendment-1992).
32. Grand Trunk Road built by?
33. First Indian lady to swim across the English Channel?
34. How many countries are members of the United Nations?
Republic of Montenegro became 192nd member state of the United Nations.
35. The words”Satyameva Jayate” have been taken from which Upanishad?
36. Arya Samaj founded by?
Swami Dayananda Saraswathi.
Brahma Samaj- Raja Ram Mohan Rai.
Prarthana Samaj- Dr. Atmaram Pandurang
37. Who started the newspaper, "New India"?
38. First five year plan launched in India in?
1951(1951-1956). Agriculture was the main focus of First Five year plan.
39. Which state is known as “Garden of India”
Jammu & Kashmir
40. Kuchipudi is the classical dance of?
41. Jallianwala Bagh massacre took place in?
April 13, 1919.
42. Longest National High Way of India?
NH-7(It connects Varanasi to Cape Comorin(Kanya Kumari))
Longest National High Way of Kerala-NH-17(It connects Panvil(Maharashtra) with Edappally(Kerala)
Nh-47 connects Cape Comorin with Salem.
NH-212 connects Kollegal (Karnataka) to Calicut(Kerala)
43. PH value of Blood?
PH value of water-7
44. Corbett National Park located in ?
45. The difference between IST(Indian Standard Time) and GMT(Greenwich Mean Time) is?
46. Judges of High Court are appointed by?
47. Integral Coach Factory is located in ?
48. Who is known as Desa Bandhu?
Vanga Bandhu-Mujibur Rahman.
49. What is “Dry Ice”?
Solid Carbon Dioxide.
50. Which country won the World Cup Cricket 2007 held in West Indies?
Australia. They defeated Sri Lanka in the final.
Disclaimer: The author claims full ownership of all articles herein but doesn't claim ownership of all photos posted on this site. If the respective copyright owners wish for their photos to be taken down, feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment and these will be taken down immediately.