INDIAN PREMIERE LEAGUE QUIZ
1. Who hit the first century of IPL?
Brendon Mccullam who scored first century in the first match of IPL against Banglore Royal Challengers. He scored 156 runs from only 73 balls, which included 13 sixes and 10 fours.
2. The first century of second version of IPL at South Africa came from?
Ab Devilliers(Delhi Dare Devils)
3. First Six of IPL-09 by?
Abhishek Nayar of Mumbai Indians
4. First super over to determine the winners is used in the match between?
Kolkatta Knight Riders and Rajasthan Royals, Rajasthan Royals won that match.
5. First Hatrick of IPL-09 is by?
6. First Four of IPL 2009 is hit by?
7. First Man of the match of IPL ?
8. First Man of the Match of IPL-09?
9. First super over of IPL is bowled by?
Kamran Khan, Rajasthan Royals
10. 1000th boundary of IPL 2009 is hit by?
Ab Devilliers against Sreesanth of Mohali Kings IX
11. Only player who took two Hatricks in IPL-2009?
12. The player other than Yuvraj who made hatrik in IPL-2009?
13. First wicket of IPL 09-Thilan Thushara
14. Orange Cap Holder of DLF IPL 2009(It is given for the player who is the leading run scorer in the match.)?
Mathew Hayden of Chennai Super Kings. He scored 572 runs
15. Orange Cap Holder of DLF IPL 2008?
Shaun Marsh(616 Runs)
16. Purple Cap holder of DLF IPL 2009(It is given for the player who is the leading wicket taker in the match)
17. Purple Cap holder of DLF IPL 2008?
Sohail Tanvir(22 Wickets)
18. Highest Team Total of IPL 2009?
211 runs by Rajasthan Royals
19. Highest Team Total of IPL-2008?
240 Runs by Chennai Super Kings
20. The only Indian who hit a century in IPL?
Maneesh Pandey (114 Not Out) of Banglore Royal challangers
Only two players have century in IPL-2009, the other is Ab Devilliers(105 Not Out) of Delhi Dare Devils
21. How many players hit century in IPL-2008?
22. First match of IPL is between ?
Bangalore Royal Challengers and Kolkata Knight Riders
23. Teams and their Owners:
MUMBAI INDIAN - Mumbai - Mukesh Ambani
ROYAL CHALLANGERS - Bangalore - Vijay Mallya
HYDERABAD DECCAN CHARGERS -Hyderabad - Deccan Chronicle
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS Chennai - India Cements
DELHI DAREDEVILS-Delhi - GMR Infrastructure
MOHALI KINGS XI PUNJAB-Mohali - Preity Zinta
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS -Kolkata - Shahrukh Khan
JAIPUR RAJASTHAN ROYALS-Jaipur - Emerging media
24. The team which have come roaring from the bottom of the table in the first season of the Indian Premier League to be crowned champions in IPL-2
25. The player who hit maximum number of sixes in IPL-09?
Adam Gilchrist(29 Sixes)
26. The batsman who hit maximum number of fours in IPL-09?
Mathew Hayden(60 Fours)
27. The player who hit maximum number of sixes in IPL-08?
Sanath Jayasuriya of Mumbai Indians (31 Sixes)
28. The batsman who hit maximum number of fours in IPL-08?
Gambhir with 68 fours
29. First IPL is won by?
Rajasthan Royals (Captain-Shane Warne)
In the final they beat Chennai super kings)
30. IPL-2009 is held in ?
31. IPL-2009 is won by ?
Deccan Chargers, they beat Bangalore Royal Challengers in the final.
32. Man of the match in the final of IPL-2009 ?
Anil Kumble(16 /4 in 4 overs)
33. Semi final teams of IPl-2009?
Delhi Dare Devils, Chennai Super Kings, Bangalore Royal Challengers, Deccan Chargers.
34. Who is selected as the Player of the tournament in IPL-09?
35. Man of the match in the final of IPL-2008 ?
Yusuf Pathan, 56 Runs & 3 Wickets
36. Semi final teams of IPl-2008?
Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals, Mohali Kings XII Punjab, Delhi Dare Devils
37. Who is selected as the Player of the tournament in IPL-08?
Man of the Series
Shane Watson - 474 Runs & 17 Wickets
38. Kingfisher Fair Play Award of IPL-2008 is won by?
Chennai Super Kings
39. Kingfisher Fair Play Award of IPL-2009 is won by?
Mohali Kings XI Punjab
40. The team which positions the last spot in both Fair play award and winning points standings of IPL-2009?
Kolkata Knight Riders
41. The team that plunged to the lowest Indian Premier League total (i.e 58 runs)?
Rajasthan Royals against Bangalore Royal Challengers
42. The lowest Team total of IPL-2008?
Kolkata Knight Riders were bundled out for 67 in 15.2 overs against Mumbai Indians.
43. Most number of Man of the Match awards in IPL-2008 won by?
Shaun Marsh, Mohali Kings XI Punjab
44. The three batsmen who aggregated 500 plus runs in the first version of IPL?.
Shaun Marsh (616),
Delhi Daredevils’ Gautam Gambhir (534)
Mumbai Indians’ Sanath Jayasuriya (514)
45. Who holds the record of most number of sixes in an innings in IPL-08?
Brendon Mc Cullum
46. Which team conceded most number of extras in IPL-2008?
Kolkatta Knight Riders , 28 Extras against Deccan Chargers.
47. Highest Partnership for any wicket in IPL is between?
Adam Gilchrist and V.V.S.Laxman, partnership of 155* runs against Mumbai Indians in IPL-08
48. Most catches in an innings of IPL is taken by?
Sachin Tendulkar (4 catches against Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL-08)
49. Most number of catches in IPL2008 is taken by?
Suresh Raina (10 Catches)
50. Highest Partnership in IPL-09 is between which players?
NV Ojha, GC Smith, of Rajasthan Royals (135 Runs) against Punjab
51. Which team conceded most number of extras in IPL-2009?
Chennai Super Kings, 26 extras against Mumbai Indians
52. Who became the first player to take a hat-trick in the Indian Premier League?
Laxmipathy Balaji of Chennai Super Kings against Punjab Kings XI in IPL-08
He took 5 wickets for 24 runs in his four over spell.
53. List of Players who took Hat-tricks in IPL.
Yuvraj Singh(2 Hat-tricks in 2009)